Partnerships are best developed when two (or more) people or entities realize they can make a bigger impact by working together. This partnership, between Bethel University and Bright Light Volunteers is one of those. Stacie Freeman, shares her perspective on what’s gone well, as well as a couple of learning experiences.
Key points include:
- Relationships Can Lead to Partnership Opportunities;
- Volunteers Pay Their Own Way – and Contribute to Project Costs;
- Avoiding Band-Aids and Striving for Lasting Impact;
- More Than a Feel-Good Trip, It’s About Building Understanding of Complex Issues;
- The Importance of Learning to Let Go to Let it Grow;
- Recognizing Complementary Strengths in Your Partners;
- Universities Can Be a Source for Volunteers and Other Help;
- Define Your Dreams – and Follow Them.