Decide on your program of interest. The program donations quoted on the website are estimates only.
Once you receive an official quote from Bright Light Volunteers, you and your group members have 30 days to enroll.
Each individual member of your group must complete the attached Bright Light Volunteers Enrollment Packet.
○ All enrollment packets should be returned via email to email@example.com 8-9 months prior to travel.
○ Each member of your group must submit a non-refundable, $500 deposit along with their enrollment packet.
■ How to make payments:
Online: Individual participants may visit the Bright Light Volunteers website and click the DONATE button. Be sure to include the participant's name, school or organizational affiliation, and the program dates and destination. Debit cards are the preferred method of payment. Credit cards may be accepted for an additional fee.
Mail: Individual participants may write and mail checks or money orders to Bright Light Volunteers, International. Be sure to include the participant’s name, school or organizational affiliation, and the program destination.
Mail Address: 9540 Garland Rd, Suite 381, Box 116 Dallas, TX 75218
In Person: Individual participants may pay their group’s program coordinator with cash, check, or money order.
Once your Enrollment Packet and non-refundable, $500 deposits have been received, your group is officially enrolled.
1/3 of remaining balance is due to Bright Light Volunteers.*
*After receiving the initial deposit, a payment schedule other than stated above may be created and customized based on your group's circumstances.
○ 2/3 of remaining balance must be submitted to Bright Light Volunteers.
○ You must have/obtain a valid U.S. Passport in order to travel and provide a copy to BLV.
○ You must have/obtain health insurance prior to departure, in addition to the policy provided by BLV, and provide a copy to BLV.
○ You must have/obtain a travel visa / permit, if applicable, and provide a copy to BLV. If documentation is necessary from BLV, we will provide it.
○ 100% of remaining balance must be submitted to Bright Light Volunteers.**
The program donation includes the following:
● All ground transportation
● Meals in country (breakfast, lunch, dinner)
● All accommodations
● Potable drinking water
● All cultural activities
● Supplemental medical insurance and emergency evacuation insurance
● All service related expenses
● 24-hour state-side assistance
The program donation does not include:
● Trip cancellation insurance
● The cost of a passport, visa, or immunizations
○ You must share your flight plan with BLV. All group members must travel on the same flight to facilitate efficient airport transfers.
○ Begin the enrollment process at Bethel University: An opportunity to earn college credit and/or a Global Citizenship Certificate is included in the program and requires a separate registration/payment process***
**Bright Light Volunteers is a 501(c)(3) tax exempt charity. Your payment for this program is considered a charitable donation and can be applied to your tax return. *** See final pages of this document.